Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Brad Campbell

One gloomy day my friend Mason and I were walking to our favorite skate spot when we saw a huge hunk of metal fly through the sky in the direction of the forest. We ran after it.
When we found it, it looked like something from outer space. It had crash landed in the middle of the forest. I told Mason to go towards it. He carefully avoid the sharp scraps of flaming metal to get to what seemed to be the cockpit. When he approached it he stepped in a green ooze. The ooze began to form into the shape of what looked like a man until razor sharp horns rose from its head and tentacles from its back. It released a poisonous gas that knocked Mason unconscious.
The creature slowly started creeping towards me. I turned and ran toward the city and cut my arm on a piece of metal. The creature engaged in pursuit. I started to lose him until he caught up to me on an odd contraption that gave him the ability to hover and speed through the trees. I thought I was doomed until Super-man swooped from the sky to save me, but Super-man isn't the best aviator. He flew between two trees and i hit my head on a limb.
When I woke up I was in my bed. I thought that it was a dream but I remembered cutting my arm, So I looked down to see that there was still a cut there. That's when I heard a loud bang down-stairs. I went down to see. It was the alien. He must have placed a transmitter on my clothes so he could follow me home. He slowly started towards me again until suddenly Mason appeared behind him with a kitchen knife and stabbed him repeatedly in the back. The alien fell to the ground, for he was defeated. I rushed towards Mason and gave him a big hug.
An hour later the cops showed up with some forensic investigators. They gave the body to the CIA and they gave us a huge reward for killing the alien. The next day we went to the skate park with two brand new boards in our hands and sense our heroic deed was published in the paper, on the news, and on the Internet we were walking tall. THE END

1 comment:

student said...

1. I'm looking forward to reading the finished product.
2. Spelling and punctuation errors sprinkled throughout.
3. Needs dialogue, but overall, great word choice and effort.