Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Roman Maxwell

One morning I was awoken by my alarm clock. I stretched my hand over to hit the sleep, but I felt a rugged surface. "What could this be?" I thought sleepily. I felt very cold, and realized I had no covers on top of me. I opened my eyes and realized I must be on the floor.
My head hurt as I stood, got dressed, and went to breakfast. I felt a lurch as I missed the stairs that lead to the kitchen. I stood for a second time, and went to the cabinet to get some "Fruit Loops" and then to the refridgerator to get some milk. When I opened the door, all I saw was chocolate milk. "Nobody like chocolate milk on "Fruit Loops." "Guess I'll eat it dry," I thought dissapointedly.
At about that second, my five year old little brother entered with a tall glass of chocolate milk. He sat the milk on the table for a second and thought. Then he reached for the glass and knocked over the milk all on my pants. I yelled at my mom to clean up, and went to my room and changed shorts.
Then I went to brush my teeth, thinking about how the day will go. I coughed as something terrible entered my mouth. I had accidentally used soap instead of toothpaste! I spat it all out, gagging, and used toothpaste this time.
I went and got in the car with my stepdad. Once we got to school I said my goodbyes and got out of the car with my books and homework in hand. I tripped on the doorfacing of the school building and fell, scattering my homework. I got up from the faceplant and, feeling embarrased, headed to my locker. "Wonder what will happen in Math class today..." I mentioned in homeroom to my friend Zack. "Dunno, I usually dont listen." Zack replied. "Everything I do goes wrong today.," No kidding," He said back.
The bell rings and Zack and me stay in our seats for math. Mr. Roberts asked us to get out our homework from last night for him to check. I looked all about my belongings but I couldn't find my homework. I told Mr. Roberts of my situation and he told me I had detention for the next day. He hadn't taken two steps until he saw that I had gum in my mouth. "Son, take out your gum and put it in my hand." Disgusted of why Mr. Roberts would ever want chewed gum in his hand, I spat and looked down and I realized I had missed Mr. Roberts's hand and it had got stuck to his shoe. "Come with me son." He said in full fury, as he frog-marched me outside into the hall. I glanced behind me and saw Zack sniggering. I tried to tell Mr. Roberts that it was an accident but he would not listen. It was at this moment I realized we were headed to the prinicipals office. Panicking, I kicked Mr. Roberts leg and he cried in pain. "Seeya!" I said as I started running away. I heard footsteps behind me as I stopped off at Mr. Roberts's room to get Zack. "C'mon," "We're getting outa here." Ignoring zacks questions, I was running towards the lunchroom and saw the lunch crowd. Zack and I turned around and saw that Mr. Roberts and his reinforcements running toward us, well, Mr. Roberts was hobbling... Zack ran toward the south door and I was folowing him...until I slipped on a ketchup pack. I slid a good 10 feet before hitting the table. Mr. Roberts grabbed me and pinned me down. I looked over and saw that Mr. Curtis had Zack. "Oh great!" I thought. Then I heard a peculiar sound. It sounded like an alarm, but it sounded like my alarm. I rolled over opened my eyes and there was my alarm. Mr. Curtis, Zack, and Mr. Roberts faded. "Bye" I said to Zack. Then he faded away and I was awake. It was a dream.

1 comment:

student said...

1. Don't start with "Hi, my name is . . ."
2. Good word choice.
3. Add dialogue as you finish.