Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Katie Partain

Casey and I were walking through the creepy old house. We heard a door slowly open. We watched as an old man crept out from behind it.
It started off as a normal Summer day. Hot, boring, and bright. I got up from the couch where I had been watching T.V. and looked at the clock. It was 4:00. I had to be at Casey's for her birthday party at 4:30. She only lived about 5 minutes away, but we had to get a card & who knows how long that would take?
"Mom." I said as I walked into the kitchen where she was. "We still need to go get Casey a card." I reminded her.
"Okay. Let me finish this real quick." She told me.
"Alright." I said as I walked back to the small living room and put my shoes on.
We went and got the card and made it to Casey's on time actually. As I walked up the front door, before I could get my hand on it, the door burst open.
"Hey Katie!!!" Caroline said happily as she opened the door.
"Hey!" I laughed at her enthusiasm. I looked in the living room of Casey's large house as Caroline babbled on and on, and saw Amber, Alexa and Casey all playing 'Twister'.
"Caroline! Get back in here and spin!! We're getting tired!" Casey laughed.
"Coming!" Caroline said as she ran back in there jumping over them, but she stepped on Alexa's foot and Alexa fell back on Casey, who knocked Amber over. There were, 'Ows!' and 'Ahs!!' as they all fell over.
"Whoops!" Caroline laughed.
"Wanna play, Katie?" Casey asked.
"Sure!" I answered knowing I would lose since I'm awful at that game. "Wait, is Lexii coming?" I asked.
"Chyeah I am!" I heard her say from behind me. We all laughed about her secret entrance.
"Well, we gonna play 'Twister' or what?" Casey asked with a giggle.
We played 'Twister' for a while and then ate dinner, and went upstairs to Casey's room.
"Truth or dare anyone?" Casey asked.
"Yeah. Sure. " We all agreed.
"But, lets play in teams! Its a lot more fun to play in teams, especially on dares!" Lexii suggested. We all paired up. Casey and I, Lexii and Caroline, Alexa and Amber.
"I'll go first!!" Lexii said loudly. "Okay. Casey and Katie, truth or dare?" She asked.
"Dare!" Casey said before I could say anything. I wanted truth because, well, I'm not a risky person.
"Okay. Go to the 'haunted' house next door and go in, stay for 10 minutes and then your done." Lexii said to us with a huge grin.
"No! I won't! I won't!" I said to them.
"Oh please! Its not like it's really haunted!" They all pleaded.
"Okay, okay." I finally agreed with a roll of my eyes.
The house was said to be haunted by the ghost of its last owner, Mr.Garrison. He was a creepy old man, hardly ever came out his house, and one day he fell out of the window as he was walking down the hall. The window was up and he tripped on a rug. Now, people say if you go inside that house, he will throw you out the window too.
Casey and I walked up to the door as the others waited in the front yard of his house. We opened the door nervously. It made a loud creak and then we shut it when we got inside. It made such a loud noise and a slam that dust went everywhere. We looked around and saw the rug. It still had a spot where someone had tripped over it. Then we saw the window.
"Wow. Those stories must have been true!" Casey said excitedly. We looked up because we heard a door creak. We saw a door slowly, but noisely open. An old man, or thats what it looked like, started to creep from behind it. We stood there, pertrifyed, unable to move.
"Get........out.......of..........my....house!" He whezzed.
"AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" We screamed as we ran fast as we could outside the house. We told them all about our run in with the old man. They just laughed and said we were bluffing. But, Casey and I knew it was true, and we were never going anywhere near that old house again.

1 comment:

student said...

1. Wow, excellent job.
2. Very few errors. Turn all your &'s into "and's"
3. Wonderful dialogue.