Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Matthew Newsom

Have you ever seen a thing in the sky that you didn't know what it was or did it freak you out? I did, when i was with one of my best friends. It was a little weird to find out what we were looking at but it was fun.
One day, around 10a.m, I was sitting at home and the phone rang."Hey, Matt,"Landon said.
"Hey what do you want now"I replied.
"Do you want two come over two my place two dig a new trench for the air soft war?"Landon asked.
I answered,"OK i will be there in a minute, wait for me outside your house with the shovels."
After we got off the phone, I went outside in my old digging boots. As I was walking down the hill two Landon's house, there was a flash of light come from right next two me. I gasped,"What was that?!"
Then i ran two where we have one of the trenches.When I got there Landon has already marked the ground of what we are going two dig and make a wall out of."Hey, Matt what took you?"Landon asked.
"There was some bright light that kinda freaked me out,"I answered.
"That would be the sun."Landon said as he laughed.
"No,"I stared,"it came from next two me, lets go look and see what it is."
Landon paused for a moment and then said"we will after we dig another part of the hole." Then Landon started to dig."Dude,why are you not digging?"Landon asked.
"What,"I continued,"I was just thinking on what the light was." We dug until lunch an then we got pizza at Landon's house. As we ate I was still thinking about the light.
When we finish Landon was starting to ask,"Hey, Matt do you want to play me in Halo? I need to practice on my sniping."
"No you said that we are doing to see what the light was."I replied.
Landon started"Yeah well,"he sighed,"I forgot."
"OK lets go an find what made it"I urged. Then we went outside and started to walk up to where the flash was. As we came up to the spot, we both saw a flash.
"Matt, did you see that!"Landon yelled.
"Yeah,"I answered."I told you that it wasn't the sun."I bragged.
"OK you are right that it wasn't the sun, now what was that?"Landon asked.
"I don't know, why do you think I said something about it at your house?"I answered with another question.
"Hey, do you see that fence maybe there is something on the other side."Landon proclaimed
"Yeah lets go see what is on the other side."I replied

1 comment:

student said...

1. Great use of dialogue.
2. Problem with usage (two, to)
3. Good start; good vocab.