Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Joshua Culp

"I dont remeber" I replied. Preston ask what our homework assiments were. We were on our way back to my house. School lets out at three and its about a fifteen minute walk back to my apartment. We both like N.Y. but it gets to crowed at times. Its friday so Preston is going to stay the night at my house. We' ve been waiting all weak for him to come over. I gazed down at my black nike shok, there was a shiny penny on the sidewalk with heads facing up. "Preston, look its a lucky penny". He just gave me a wierd expression. When we got to the corner of 21st street, we heard loud police sirions. There was a line of blue cop cars speeding past us. We decided to follow the cars and see what was going on. We walked about four blocks and then the cars stoped. They where near an old vacent lot. We didnt want the cops to see us being nosy, so we enterd the vancant lot at the other end. We went into the lot and we didn't see any body so countued walking in the direction of the police vehicles. We roundeed a corner and so a cop coming toward us. So we turned around and our eyes opend as wide as they could stretch. There was a black 9mm pistole on Prestons head. For a second there the world just went into a sudden pause. That was the scareist thing I have ever witnised. Then I heard it. Poow. The shooter dashed off and the cop that was infront of us hurried after him. I bent down to check on preston. As my knee rested on the clold sidewalk I heard something fall out of my pocket. I looked down and saw a round shiny copper penny. I never doubted the power of luck, but Preston did. If didnt have that penny that gun would probley been on my head. This peeny saved my life. If you did'nt belive in luck before. Do you now?

1 comment:

student said...

1. Good sentence structure.
2. Many spelling and grammatical errors.
3. Nice twist at the end.