Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jamie Bryant

"Hellllppppp,"I yelped falling helplessly out off the plane. It all started a few weeks ago when Kaitlyn called in on a radio station to see if she could win a free trip to go on a sky diving trip this afternoon. To my amazement my phone,which was on speaker, screams,"You are caller number ten be at McGuire's skydiving clinic at noon!". Well it wasn't long before noon came around and so we were off to McGuire's. When we finally arrived it looked like it was abandoned. So we turn around to head back to the car and I get a tap on the shoulder. I turn around to see a short bald headed man who looked as though he belonged in a circus. I stood there silently and then Kaitlyn said,"Who are you,". The man replies,"Aren't you two the sky diving winners,". We nod our heads and follow behind him.
Before I know it we are at the plane up very high in the air. As soon as I got strapped in Kaitlyn trips ,but does not fall out of the plane she bumps into me and I fall as if I was a feather falling out of the sky. I was panicking ,but I knew if I didn't act quick there wouldn't be much left of me.
So I pull the cord and sure enough I landed safety on the ground. A little sore, but I almost managed to stand up. Before I knew it a shadow figure emerged over my head as if it were a rain cloud. It was Kaitlyn just about to land on top of me before I could move it felt like every bone in my body was crushed. Soon I woke up in a hospital with people hovering over me. They told me that I had a lot of bones broken and that they had to do surgery on my kidney.
I was surprised to see that Kaitlyn was alright, but I can't seem to say the same.
There was excruciating pain all through out my body. Within a week I was able to roll around in a motorized wheelchair,which I found out was actually quite fun,but that was the least of my worries. So they let me out of the hospital without the ability to walk so I was off to head home.
Well at least that's what I thought. I ended up in a grassy field,but again I have no clue how I got there. I was going through the field around 10 minutes. Then I hit a rut, at least that's what I thought, so I shook my wheelchair until I went over the rut into a steep muddy pit. I passed out and no one even saw or mentioned me again.

1 comment:

student said...

1. Wow, Kaitlyn landed on you. Bummer.
2. Very well-worded, good vocab.
3. Some spelling and punctuation errors.