Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jeffrey David

I woke up early one Saturday morning preparing for an early soccer game. I did the usual morning routine ,but I forgot to eat breakfast. We left for the game leaving my stomach behind. After the game I was as hungry as a horse, so I asked my dad if we could go eat somewhere. He said yes and decided to eat Mexican.
We left the park to go find us some good Mexican food. We found a place called Casa Blanca, and we decided that i sounded good enough. We went in and they sat us down at a table and brang us some chips and salsa. They came back and got our drink and food orders. A couple minutes later they brang us our drinks so we could enjoy their hot salsa. We were talking about the soccer game when they brang us our food. One second later, we heard a strang noise like a bunch of wild indians. I looked around, partly confused and partly scared. After about a minute it settled and I began devouring my bean burrito.
Ten minutes passed and nothing seemed adnormal. Then some guys asked us something, but we had no idea what they were saying. We ignorantly nodded our heads and they left. I was almost finished with my bean burrito when its side effects kicked in. I got up from the table and went to the restroom. On my way, I noticed some strange signs I had never seen in a Mexican restraunt before. They seemed like it was a celebration, but i ignored them and went to the restroom. After I had washed my hands, I came out to that strange noise. So I cautiously turned the corner and what I saw stunned me. That noise that I heard was a Marachi band. I smiled.
"How could I be so stupid!" I thought to myself. I walked to the table, where the band was playing some peppy Spanish song.
"I should have noticed those signs in the first place," I told them.
" What is it?" they all said in unison.
" The reason for that noise and the band is that today is Cinco de Mayo!"
They all laughed.

1 comment:

student said...

1. Brang, Jeffrey? You said "brang"? Lord, help us.
2. Hhhmmmm, sorry, but I have to say it's a little on the boring side.
3. Watch careless spelling and grammatical errors.