Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hannah Trosper


I woke up to what seemed like my normal Saturday morning. I was so tired I could barely drag myself out of bed until I remembered tonight was Hannah's big party. I flopped my feet onto the floor and began to get ready early.I had been looking forward to this party for three months now. I thought it was going to be the best day of my life, - but i was wrong.
We had just pulled up at Hannah's house and a lot of people were already there. We began playing basketball and volleyball and then we all decided to go walking down Hannah's road. Now, I'm not a big fan of the dark in the first place, but me and Hannah and a few other boys and girls took off down the road.

We had been walking for awhile when the girls finally realized it was getting really dark...too dark. We tried to get the guys to turn around and go back, but of course, they kept walking- so we did too. I saw a lot of woods off to both sides of the road, and of course the boys wanted to go in, and none of the girls were going to stand outside alone, so we really had no choice but to follow them.
Strange noises were coming from behind us, but I didn't want to sound scared, so i kept going and pretended to assume it was just the wind. I tried to start thinking about something else for awhile, just to get my mind off the scary walk in the woods, but after awhile when I looked up, no one was left but me and Hannah.
"Hannah! Look at this!" I heard someone yell from behind some trees. I turned to see who it was, but when I turned back around, I heard Hannah let out a blood-curdling scream, and the party-girl had disappeared.
I was alone. In the woods. By myself, or at least I thought I was by myself. I saw a tall. dark shadow standing up over me as I lay there motionless on the wet ground, and at that moment, I swear my heart stopped. Whoever it was was holding my arms and legs and covering my face. They were obviously trying to kill me. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't breath, I couldn't see, I couldn't move. I fought back, kicking and screaming for what seemed like the longest 3 minutes of my life. And finally, I heard some guys laughing, and i could see the two dark shadows running off deeper into the woods.
"Trosper, are you coming?" I peeled myself off the cold, hard ground and looked up to see Hannah, Shelby and Devin looking back and hollering at me.
Had they all been standing there watching as I almost died? Did they even notice I was gone? or had any of it really even happened? I couldn't have imagined that। I couldn't have....could I? It was way to realistic to have just been a silly daydream of mine. I know it had to happen...but how? They told me I had been standing there with them the whole time and i had never left the group. But if it ever happened or not, I will always consider that the Scariest Moment Ever!

1 comment:

student said...

1. Awesome job.
2. Usage error (alot/a lot)
3. A few careless errors in spelling/punctuation; all in all, great story.