Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Daniel Sparkman

Have you ever taken an object for something else or somebody think you did? Well, if I would've taken Dalton's continuous talking I wouldn't be asking you this. That day went from bad to worse, but if you would like to hear the story then listen up.
" Are we there yet? " Dalton pestered me with the question as we walked down my driveway. We had just got off of the school bus and were heading to the woods in the backyard so I could show Dalton the well I had found. "NO!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. "Keep quiet and follow..." Dalton and I gazed up at a crow carrying a blood stained knife in its beak. Without a word we shot after the bird. We must have ran at least two miles when the bird roosted in a hollow pine tree.
Since Dalton was the lightest, he climbed on my shoulders and slowly climbed up the pine tree. When he came upon the hole it was sunset and the wind rustled the trees. "Hurry," I shouted, "I've got to get something for my shoulders and you need to get something to lose weight." Dalton climbed over to the hole and WHOOSH!!! He slid right into the tree trunk.
I immediately decided to go for help. All of a sudden I heard "Psst!" I turned quicker than a wheel and tried to scope out who had psst me. I spotted nothing but the bird on the tree. "Can you talk?" I questioned the bird. " That I can," he replied in an Irish accent.
I was at a loss for words. I was only able to utter the words "Am I going crazy?" I thought to myself. "Listen up," The bird said in a soft but serious voice. "Your friend has been taken to another world, so leave now!" But by the time I heard the words "another world" I was climbing like a monkey on a banana tree.
I leaped into the hole and came out of the same tree. "Daniel!" I heard Dalton yelp. The world was like a mirror. It was a reflection and the exact opposite of my world. I began to show some anxiety and began to talk, only I had said everything backward. "Sorry, I didn't catch that," commented Dalton. " You have to try to say everything backward or it might come out twisted." He finally understood me even though what I had said sounded like " E tot oo ge' outa here."
I finally got the hang of talking when I had a brain wave and all of a sudden our problems were over. "Dalton, let's go," I proclaimed refusing to explain. We ran for a good while when we had finally got to my house. I continued once we got there, " If we got in by following that bird, when can get out the same way!"
We sat there like a lion waiting for pray when all of a sudden the school bus rumbled by my house like an earthquake. There were Dalton and I fumbling down the steps of the bus until I saw us both peer into the sky and take off. " Time to get out of here once and for all," I told Dalton as we took off after ourselves.
I saw the bird land on a hollow tree and knew immediately from instinct that was our way back home. Just as the mirror Dalton and Daniel began to climb the tree we jerked them down and knocked them unconcious by ramming them into the tree. We escaped through the hole and fell back into our world.
I looked around. It was as if time had stood still through our adventure. "Now let's see something," I inquired as I pulled out a piece of what LOOKED to be a piece of a blood stained knife out of my pocket. " Hey wait a minute," began Dalton. " You geabbed that from the mirror bird didn't you?" I nodded and took the other piece from the beak of the bird and forced them together. I then saw that the supposed knife was actually a ruby red gem that gleamed in the sunlight that was now fading. The hole sealed and we never went back.

1 comment:

student said...

1. I can't wait to read the rest; probably the most interesting story I've read yet.
2. Excellent word choice.
3. Good understanding of fiction.