Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cole Sykes

It was a stormy night and I had to walk home. My mom was out of town and wont be back till another two weeks. My dad is out of town for a business trip, and my mom ran over my bike trying not to be late for work. So yeah, you can say my life stinks right now. I'm walking down the road a I turn around and two bright lights beamed at me.
"Need a ride?" asked Jason one of my friends. I laughed and aswered, "No, I'm good, my house is only about five blocks away." "OK," he stuttered and got out. "I'll walk with you." He told his mom to go on home and we walked.
"I still can't believe your mom and dad are letting you stay by your self for three weeks!" Jason groned. "Two." I corrected him. "Whatever, three, two, you I would be lucky if my mom and dad let me stay by myself for two or three days!" Jason continued, "So......whens the party?" What party?" I laughed nervously. "Man, you cannot not have a party while your parents are gone, its like a teenager tradition!!" He explained. "OK," I stuttered. "This is what im trying to do..." "Aww man!!" Jason complained. "What?" I questioned. "Not the "this is what im trying to do" theory again! C'mon, face it, you are too predictable!" "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked. "If your not going to do it just say so!" Jason explained. "Ok, im not going to do it." I agreed. "But you have to! Do you know how much this will boost our popularity? WE'LL BE POPULAR FOR LIFE!!!" "Look im not going to disappoint my pa..." Jason cut in "Man, dont even finish that sentence! Look man i'll see you la...." He stopped. "Whats wrong with...." he busted in. "Shhh! What was that?" he whispered. "What was what?" I whispard back. "Shhhh!" he shushed me and lifted his finger. We heard a very loud popping noice in the near by woods.
We looked over, and standing there was the biggest man you would ever see.The worst thing about in was he had a knife."RUN!" Jason screamed.
We ran up the staris to my house, lucky for us Jason was the onlt knew we was close to my house. "Hurry he's coming!" screamed Jason. I took out my keys and aimed for the doors key hole. I missed. I hit the door with the key and the key sliped out of my hand and fell in a crack in the porch.
"Way to go clumsey!!" Jason insulted me. "Follow me, there's an extra key under the door mat to the back door." I explained.
We leaped over the rail and rushed to the back door. I ran up the first step and tripped on the second step. Jason picked me up and we continued to run up the steps. We got to the back door and the door matt was gone but the key was still laying there. I bent over to pick it up i rose up and aimed for the key hole. The key slid in and then a big thud rang my ears. I looked back and it was him rushing up the steps. I turned the key right. Wrong way. I turned it to the left and heard a click. I jerked open the door and ran in. Jason was right behind me. He slid the key out of the door and slammed the door behind him.
We both leaned on the door and gaspped for air."Who was..." I took a breath of air. "..that!" "Who?" Jason qustioned. "He was at leasts 7' foot." "SEVEN!" I yelled. "Dude my dad is seven, that...whatever it was, was 8' or 9' foot!" I paniced, "I've got to call mom." I made my way to the phone. Jason pulled me back, "What? Are you kidding like the would beleive that a 9' foot man with a knife was chaseing us in the middle of no where!" "What do you mean no where?" I qustioned. "Face it dude," he changed the subject. "There not going to beleve us. Lets just keep an eye's opened like a halk to make sure he dosent show again." Jason made his way to the phone. "What are you doing." I asked. "Dont worry im not calling my parents, im not going back outside tonight ether, im spendding the night." We both fell asleep around 2:00 in the morning.
I shot up out of bed by a loud bangging noise. I looked down, Jason was gone. This got me freaked out. I walked down the hall someone was bangging on the door. I walked up to the door and the door swung open.
BANG!!! I woke up. It was a dream. It was 4:13. I looked down no Jason! BANG!BANG!BANG! The door was shaking and rattleing. It swung open. "AHHH!" I screamed. "Hahaha!" A familure voice busted through the door. "JASON!" I yelled. "Its me, I droped my wallet when I was running after you." he explained. "Running after me?" I qustioned. "Yeah, you been sleep walking for three hours." he giggled. "At least I dont sound like a chipmunk when I laugh." I joked. "So we diddnt get chased by a 9' foot man?" I asked. "No. You were dreaming" Said Jason.
He turned around. Out of no where the Giant like 9' foot man popped out grabbed Jason and him nor the 9' foot man was ever seen again.

1 comment:

student said...

1. This is very well done for a rough draft.
2. Watch for grammatical errors and typos.
3. Great use of dialogue.