Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Preston Lenox

Oh, my gosh look at my hair. I scream when I look into the mirror. My mom comes running up the stairs to my room. Preston your hair is red as an apple . " mom i think I know that, I said sharply. "Well hop in the shower and wash it out it is almost time for church," mom says. I hoped in the shower. When I got out I looked into the mirror again. It didn't come out. So I run down the stairs, and there my dad was in his church cloths on and drinking coffee as usual. he looked up at me and yells son your hair is red. "Yes I know,"I yelled back. "Well hurry up and get ready for church it is Easter Sunday."he Finlay says. So i ran up stairs and put a polo shirt on and some kacky pants on. "Where in the world are my shoes, "I
ask myself? There they are in the dirty cloths hamper. So I put them on ,and run out the door. As I get half way to the car I hear mom yell come on Pressie we don't want to be late for church. So I hop in the back seat ,and off we go. " Mom my hair is red and I'm going to church like this,"I asked? ''Preston it is Easter they can just use as the egg,"she says as she laughs. Now Preston you know I'm just messing with you. ''Mom are you going to make me go up to the alter and start the singing again,"I ask? ''Yes Preston you know i will,"she bellowed. So when we arrived at church. We walked through the big white doors of the church. I tried to sit at the back ,but my mom would not let me. We always sit on the front row. I mean always. We were almost done with church. When the preacher walks up to me and asks son why don't you lead us in the final song of the day? No think you I'm fine where I am. So he pulled me out of my seat ,and i walk to the front of the church. I started and then stoped singing. "Come on son'', the preacher bellowed. So I started to sing again be fore I knew it the whole church had joined in. It wasn't so bad after all. No one even cared my hair was red. After church that day we went home and had i nice home cooked mill as a family and lived happily ever after and i never had a bad hair day again.

1 comment:

student said...

1. Good hook.
2. Several punctuation and grammatical errors.
3. Watch for careless errors (left out letters)