Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Taylor Dickerson

Have you ever been scared and yet thinking that it was interesting? Well, that's sort of like what happened to me!It was November 17, a normal Monday night after soccer practice. I had just gotten out of the shower, and my mom yelled," You need to be going to bed, Taylor. It's 11:00!" So, I obeyed my mom and went to bed, but I mad a simple wish first. " Oh! Why can't life be easier?" I wished, then I fell asleep.
I woke up and looked at the clock, it was 9:30! I had slept in! I got dressed and ran to school, and into the office to check in. they didn't hear me say that I needed to check in. " HELLO?" I said screaming! They still didn't hear me. I walked up to my friend, Kara, who was the office assistant. I poked her, but my hand went right through her!
I ran into town, to try to get some help to see what was happening. I saw dozens of ghosts floating toward a creepy, old store. I went up to one and questioned," Are you a ghost? Am I a ghost? I need help!". " Of course I'm a ghost, silly! You are ,too! Come with me, we are having a meeting. By the way, my name is Amy! What is your name?" The ghost replied quickly. " My name is Taylor! Am I dead? I mean I'm a ghost, I'm supposed to be dead!" I responded. " Just follow me, the leader will tell you everything!" she added. We both floated to the creepy, old store. Inside, there were probably sixty to seventy ghosts sitting in chairs, and one standing at the podium about to speak. Amy and I sat in the very front, which was the only place left to sit.
" Okay, everyone! Quiet! Now, just to be on the same page, we are all ghosts, 100% dead! Okay? Remember not to scare the people, they will know it's us! Then, we would be history! Ha Ha!" announced Jim, the leader of all the ghosts. I ran outside, and fell to the ground! Amy followed me and asked," What's wrong?". " I'm dead? How did I die ,though?" I said crying. " You died in your sleep, two days ago. It takes a little while to become a ghost!" she pointed out to me.
I walked home, sadly by myself. I stayed there for the rest of the day. " I didn't want life to be that simple! I shouldn't of made that stupid wish!" I thought to myself. I cried myself to sleep, eventually.
" OW! Where am I? What just happened?" I murmured. "Taylor? Are you okay? You're in the driveway! You were sleep-walking, and you ran straight into the car!" my mom alerted me. " Outside? I'm not a ghost! Yes!" I rejoiced. " Now, Taylor, you need to go to sleep! It's three A.M." Mom demanded. I smiled and skipped back to my bed, happy that I was never a ghost!

2 comments:

student said...

1. What an imagination!
2. Great job!
3. Very few errors.

student said...
This comment has been removed by the author.